This year Sheffield Doc/Fest turns 25, and to celebrate this milestone edition we are seeking poster artwork that honours the Festival’s passion for documentary and for Sheffield.
Sheffield Doc/Fest is an internationally recognised and lauded festival with films and filmmakers coming from all over the world, but we also have a great sense of local presence, audience and pride. We want to produce artwork that represents connecting documentary makers, lovers and industry resulting in the discovery of new talent, new collaborations, and new commissions.
The winner will receive £300, plus 30% of the merchandise takings that feature the artwork, and a 2018 Festival Pass.
We are calling for artists to submit proposals of their vision on Sheffield and documentary:
• You will produce poster artwork that will be used across print media and merchandise
• The artwork can be in any medium, but must be reproducible in 2D
• We would prefer something bold and not directly figurative of our logo or 2018 filmmakers/speakers
• Can be inspired by Doc/Fest, Sheffield, documentary, digital tech
• Key values that the Festival acknowledges: independence, respect, humanity, braveness, creativity
For the full specifications, inspiration, access to our logo, and how to apply, please visit our website here: http://bit.ly/DF18PosterCompetition
The deadline for applications is 09:00 on Monday 4 May 2018.